What is White Sage?
White sage is an aromatic, pungent herb of the mint family, Lamiaceae. It is one of the most widely used medicinal plants for natural healing. It has been considered sacred for centuries in many cultures because of the plant’s different traits. It grows mainly in Mexico and the south-west of the United States, in California.
White sage has been used for years by cultures such as the Native Americans who used it to purify the air and to treat illnesses. It is also a common spice used in cooking. Being so beneficial, its use has spread to other cultures and civilizations. White sage is usually seen in dried small bundles for smudging.
Learn about the basic beneficial features of white sage for the body and mind.
When white sage is burned (smudging):
1. Scientific studies have shown that the leaves and stems contain jaceosidin, a molecule known for being anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. It keeps bacteria, viruses and infectious fungi away.
2. It releases negative ions and helps neutralize positive ions such as allergens- pet dander, pollution, dust and mold. It also helps repel insects.
3. It cleanses the atmosphere or erases negative energy. Some studies have shown that it has been a popular remedy for treating depression, anxiety or mood disorders in many cultures. White sage was burned in many spiritual rituals to enhance intuition.
4. It helps reduce stress. Certain types of white sage contain a psychoactive component in the leaves that helps improve your mood, state of mind, and relieve pain. By reducing stress, it can also help improve the quality of sleep.
Other uses of white sage:
- Make tea for relieving indigestion, diarrhea, throat irritation, and to treat a cold. It may also help with sleep.
- Use as a flavoring for meats, sausages, beans, and vegetables as herb. It has antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K, zinc, copper, magnesium, and other nutrients.
White Sage (3 pcs)
How to Use: Light the tip of the smudge stick and gently wave until it begins to smolder and release scent. Blow out the flame and place the smudge on a fireproof plate, bowl, or shell to catch ash. After use, extinguish with water or sand. SHOP
The SMUDGE SET is perfect for smudge beginners. Start here to cleanse your space and mind. The set includes abalone shell, white sage, and palo santo. SHOP
Positive Energy Set
The POSITIVE ENERGY SET will help you start your spiritual journey. Purify your space and mind to regenerate your life. POSITIVE ENERGY SET includes:
ROUND WHITE MARBLE BOWL x 1pc, FRANKINCENSE (10g), CHARCOAL x 2pcs, WHITE SAGE x 1pc, and PALO SANTO x 1pc. SHOP
Alternatives to burning white sage- burn white sage incense.
SCENTSUAL- Sweet White Sage
A crisp fragrance of white sage leaves with a fresh note of lime, creating a deep, full-bodied aroma with a hint of cedarwood fragrance. SHOP
SCENTUAL uses selected plant-based fragrances to create immersive, sensual aromatic experiences.
H&E White Sage – Bamboo Incense (20 sticks)
HERB & EARTH bamboo incense sticks are of the highest quality and produce minimal smoke, created with the natural blessings of the earth. No artificial dyes. They will add the ideal touch of pure fragrance to your home. Contains 20 sticks. SHOP
Take advantage of the benefits white sage can offer. Whether you use it by smudging or burn it in a form of incense, take a moment to unwind, clear your mind, or purify your atmosphere to improve your day.